Hunstanton’s main beach has been awarded Blue Flag status for a third consecutive year. Blue Flag is an environmental award given to resort beaches throughout the world that achieve the highest standards.
Blue Flag beaches meet specific criteria relating to:
• Environmental education and information.
• Environmental management.
• Safety and services.
• Water quality.
• Use the litter and recycling bins on the beach.
• Use public transport, walk or cycle to the beach.
• Follow the beach code of conduct.
• Enjoy the nature of the beach and the surrounding area but treat it with respect.
• Stay away from wildlife areas, especially at nesting-time.
Be safe while visiting Hunstanton’s beach. Some Safety Tips:
• Children’s inflatable’s should always have a line connected, held securely by an adult on the shore.
• Always check the tide before you enter the water. The TIC sell tide books for the whole year, or www.easytide.ukho.gov.uk
Remember to protect yourself against the sun’s ray: ‘Slip – Slap – Slop’
• Slip on a shirt.
• Slap on a hat.
• Slop on sunscreen.
Beach patrols are on duty from Easter to the end of the school summer holidays in September and first aid is available. A lifeboat is based at Old Hunstanton, about a mile along the coast.
Dogs are not permitted on the beach, from the power boat ramp to the northern extremity of the promenade, between Good Friday and 31st October.
Dogs on the promenade, must be kept on a lead at all times and, under the dog fouling legislation, dog owners will also be required to remove dog faeces deposited by their dogs wherever they are in Hunstanton.
• There are ramps onto the beach and toilets for people with disabilities.
Located along Hunstanton’s North Promenade, each chalet offers you wonderful sea views across The Wash and your own guaranteed space away from the crowds on the beach.
Chalets are available to hire throughout the season, from the 1st April each year, on a daily, weekly or seasonal basis.
Chalets are an ideal base for a family trip to the beach and even include a free reserved parking space.
Chalets are priced at: £17.60 per day, £82.00 per week or £576.00 per season.
Advanced booking can be made by contacting the on 01485 536148